Friday, June 19, 2009

Salty and Sweeeeet: The Gulf Coast Breezes & Thursday in the Park


























"Thursdays in the Park" have become a fun filled, families, friends, and community time at the local park. As the cool Gulf breeze fills the air with the music of a local band, children wade in the warm water and play on the swings near by. Friends chat and get caught up on the local news. As for my family we look forward to an evening of spenidng time together and enjoying some simple snacks. My family's favorites to enjoy are fruit, cheese, wine, and crackers.
The cheese ball above is one of my family's favorite! I really can't remember where I got this recipe, but I have made it for years. It is probably the eaaiest cheese ball ever!
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Ball
(World's Easiest Cheese Ball)
8ozs. cream cheese

1 package of ranch dressing

Chopped pecans to cover
Mix cream cheese with ranch dressing. Form into a ball and roll in chopped pecans. Chill
Serve with Wheat Thins or any cracker of your choice. I used Reduced Fat cream cheese and reduced fat Wheat Thins. My family did not notice a difference in taste using the reduced fat products.
( The blue serving dish the cheese ball is served on is a wine bottle my sister "slumped" in her kiln. These make great gifts. That is a blog for another day.)

Enjoy your summer and look for those times to celebrate summer evenings with your family. Something as simple as "Thursdays in the Park" creates a family memory that will last a life time.
Love from SSS,

Sharon

9 comments:

  1. My Grandkids love ranch dressing. I can't wait to try this out on them. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheese ball will be wonderful for the upcoming holidays. I found your blog to be really charming. I'll be back often. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds just devine. I love the get together you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh aren't you sneaky. "Oh yes I chopped the fresh herbs and ground a few spices, it was nothing really". What an easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look good and easy too. Beautiful park by the water. Reminds me of Gulf Shores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a yummy mix. I'll have to try this for sure. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recipe to take to a party! Thanks... Oh and love tomato sandwiches too!
    Have a great week end!
    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  9. that cheese ball is my FAVORITE!!!! :) i make it all the time thanks to your lovely recipe.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete