Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sweet Wedding Gift Idea

Love is in the air! It is that time of the year for weddings! We have been invited to 5 weddings in the last two months. We found this cookbook at Tuesday Mornings. It's the perfect wedding gift---the Better Homes and Gardens, New Cook Book, Bridal Edition. It has all the information of the original trusted, red checkered Better Homes and Gardens. You all probably have one too... I do. This new edition has added a section for romantic dinners, a guide to wine, cheese, & cocktails, and hosting your first holiday dinner. Maybe I should buy one for myself!
Also, I monogrammed a store bought apron with the Bride's name and trimmed it with some light green polka dot grosgrain ribbon. The final touch was a note wishing the couple a home filled with love ...and lots of home-cooked meals!

Sunshine from SSS,
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    It's so nice to meet you! Thank you very much for visiting and following my blog. I really appreciate it. Your blog is wonderful and I'll be back to visit you often. Love your blog name. Too cute! Great choices for wedding gifts you have here. The initials are a nice touch for the apron.

    Blogland is a small world sometimes it seems.
    I'm from Panama City!
    My father is retired AF out of FWB and now I'm married to a Marine and live in J'ville, NC.
    Most of my family are still in PC icluding my in-laws who retired and moved there from Ohio.
    We got married Pensacola while he was flight school ten years ago.

    Stop by and say "Hello" anytime.
    You're always welcome! ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great wedding gift! I love the cooking theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of giving cookbook as wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete